|Beef Stir Fry|
This sesame beef stir fry is a creation from scratches in our kitchen and we wanted to share it in this article for added fun and adventure in your kitchens. Provided you are not a vegetarian, it is important to include red meat in your child’s diet, as red meat provides the richest source of iron, and iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in children today. This Sesame Beef stir fry is an easy Chinese recipe that will introduce new flavors exactly the same taste and soft texture as proper steak fillet. It can be prepared in three minutes and cooked in twelve minutes. The recipe can yield four servings on regular sizes, and it is also good for kids aging four to ten years old. Our creativity led us to create this recipe starting from scratch, but with basis on Chinese cooking.
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
- One garlic clove, crushed
- One medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 100 grams of baby sweet corn cut into quarters
- One half yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- One courgette (approximately one hundred grams), cut into matchsticks
- Three hundred grams of beef fillet, or rump steak cut into very fine strips
- One tablespoon of cornstarch or corn flour
- One hundred fifty ml beef stock
- Two tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- One tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Start by cooking the veggies first. Heat your wok or a large skillet over high heat on your American stove. Add the oil and wait till it is hot.
- Then add the garlic first and stir for a few seconds, then add the carrots, the baby sweet corn and the courgette. Stir fry for another three to four minutes until the veggies are tender crisp.
- Then carefully add the beef strips and continue to stir fry for another four to five minutes. Make sure that the beef are well distributed in the wok and in stir frying, make sure that most of them pass through the center of the wok where the heat is. Do not burn the ingredients.
- The mix the corn flour or cornstarch with a tablespoon of water and stir to the beef stock. Add this mixture to the pan with the soy sauce, the sugar and the Tabasco and sesame seeds.
- Heat until it boils then lower the heat to simmer till the sauce thickens. Taste-test the sauce if it is not so spicy for the kids. If spicy, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Serve immediately while hot. Great to pair with steamed rice.
- Enjoy this beef stir fry and it is easy and fun to do in your own kitchen. If you are not serving kids, you can be creative by adding more Tabasco sauce for added heat. Some even like more heat so they use red pepper flakes according to their desire. If you are familiar with the Sriracha sauce, it had more bite and heat in it. You can substitute Tabasco with it and enjoy the heat you desire. This great to go with bear too. Have fun and enjoy this dish at home.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Beef Stir Fry.