|Beef Stir Fry|
A beef stir fry can be a very succulent and juicy dish if it is sautéed perfectly with a very savory sauce. This is a great solution if you want to have beef for dinner mixed with vegetables. Because stir fries are now very popular in the globe, the internet would be the best source for wonderful recipes for home cooking. Many housewives depend on cookery sites in the internet for their recipes and often choose beef stir fries as their favorite dishes for weeknights. A single slice of steak can even be extended to serve two to three persons as long as you have the vegetables and stir fry sauce at hand for the cooking. Simply cut the steak into bite sizes and with the vegetables, throw them in high flame in your wok and then sauté it with your favorite stir fry sauce, then you have dinner in your table. We love beef as protein for our stir fries at home. Maybe because we love the aromatic fragrance of beef when they are cooked especially if they are sautéed with the main ingredient for stir frying which is the soy sauce. The taste makes it very familiar to what we have acquired through the years of stir frying. We will share in this article a traditional beef stir fry that we always do at home. This recipe has been with our family for more than three generations. We love it so much and hope you will like it too.
TENDER JUICY BEEF STIR FRY:
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- One pound of half a kilo of beef fillet
- black pepper, please ground
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup honey or Mirin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Canola oil or olive oil as needed
- 1 Spanish onion, please cut them into quarters
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, please chop them
- 200g green beans, please them cut them into halves or snow peas if you prefer
- 10 small button mushrooms, please cut them into quarters
- 4 cloves of garlic, please slice thinly
- 4 slices of fresh ginger, please dice them
- Start by slicing the beef fillet thinly and season well with freshly ground black pepper. The thin slices will make the beef tender when cooked at high flame.
- In a small mixing bowl or cup, mix together the soy sauce, honey and sugar and stir till smooth.
- Begin frying by heating oil in a wok or large skillet over high flame in your American stove. Add the oil and when it just starts to smoke, fry the beef slices in batches on single layer.
- Fry for only 10 seconds on each side to brown the beef. Please turn over the beef cuts to brown the other side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining beef until everything is cooked. Reserve.
- Return the wok and add more oil in it.
- Then add the onion, the spring onions and the beans. Stir fry until the onion has separated and begins to caramelize.
- Then add the mushrooms and continue to stir for two of minutes.
- Then add the garlic and the ginger and stir to combine.
- Then add back the beef to the wok plus the soy sauce mixture.
- Toss and stir carefully until the sauce thickens and coats with the meat and vegetables.
- Serve this beef stir fry while hot with steamed rice.