|Beef Stir Fry|
There are several recipes for beef stir fry in the cookbooks but sometimes, we grow tired of choosing which one is best for tonight. Here is a simple and quick beef recipe that can alter your routine in cooking stir fries and suggest a new dimension on preparing a succulent and fantastic meal for the evening dinner.
Beef stir fries are the easiest meal to prepare since beef can easily blend with any type of vegetables and can contributing on its meat flavor to any combination of veggies blended with the special sauces. It can go well with saltiness, sweetness, bitterness and spiciness. Let us start cooking then.
THE STEAK AND POTATO STIR FRY: The recipe can serve four persons. It can also be prepared in less than 60 minutes.
- twelve ounces of well trimmed steak, halved lengthwise and cut at an angles into one fourth inch wide slices
- Worcestershire sauce, three tablespoons only, but is desired more, you can add according to your taste (for marinating the beef)
- one teaspoon of minced garlic
- three tablespoons of vegetable oil, plus one teaspoon of oil divided
- six medium size green onions cut into pieces
- one cup of frozen whole kernel corn
- three cups of frozen potatoes O’Brien, thawed (wedges)
- one half teaspoon salt
- Before everything begins, mix the steak with the Worcestershire sauce and the garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Then prepare the other ingredients according to the instruction in the list of ingredients as well.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat on your American stove or Dutch oven. Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat the pan’s bottom. As it is about to start smoking, add the beef mixture to the pan and stir fry for one and one half to two minutes until the beef steak is no longer pink on the insides. Spoon the beef and the juices out of the pan to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat your wok and add one teaspoon of vegetable oil. Then you can start cooking the vegetables adding the green onions first then the frozen corn kernels. Continue stirring them and toss them if you can to cook them evenly. Stir fry for one and one half minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender. Then slowly add them to the plate of the beef.
- Lastly, reheat your wok and add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to the skillet. Then once hot enough, add the potatoes to the wok and stir fry them for three to three and one half minutes till the potatoes are tender.
- Finally pour in the juices from the bowl holding the beef and vegetables and continue stir frying the potatoes for one minute more. Scrap up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and keep the potatoes stirred at the same time.
- When the potatoes starts to turn golden brown, add back the beef and vegetables to the pan. Stir to combine and then sprinkle with salt according to your taste. Stir and toss for one minute more till everything is blended and heated through.
- Serve immediately while it is hot. It can go well with steam cook rice.
- Others prefer gravy on the side. You can prepare the gravy separately and serve it side by side with this dish.
- Enjoy this simple and fast beef stir fry recipe at home.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Beef Stir Fry.