|Best Stir Fry Recipe|
Having several hundreds of stir fry recipe in the web, and tested most of them, our family is able to maintain a few best stir fry recipes that we have learned to love and frequently cook. There are beef recipes, pork recipes, fish recipes and shrimp recipes, but we also have veggies recipes. Having cook most of these proteins in our stir frying, we also have learned that if we are longing for beef, there was that certain recipe in the past that we have done and greatly valued due to its amazing and fantastic taste. THE SZECHUAN BEEF STIR FRY is a mixture of beef and a lot of veggies that can be done in 40 minutes. The original recipe can yield up to four servings.
- 12 ounces of beef top round steak or sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of bottled hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper (optional for heat)
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 can of a 12 ounce can whole baby corn, drained
- One red sweet pepper , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced onions (optional)
- To process the meat easier, partially freeze the beef. Trim the fat from the meat and thinly slice them across the grain into bite size strips. Then set aside.
- For the stir fry sauce, mix together in a small bowl, the sherry, the soy sauce, the water, the hoisin sauce and the ginger, plus the cornstarch, the sugar, the garlic and the crushed red pepper. Stir them until they are smooth and set aside.
- To begin stir frying, heat your wok or large skillet over high heat on your American stove. When hot, add the oil. Then you can add the carrots and cook and stir them in hot oil for two minutes. Then add the baby corn and the sweet pepper and continue cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes until the veggies are crisp tender. Remove them from the wok.
- Reheat your wok and add oil. Then you can add the beef and cook and stir them for 2 to 3 minutes until the meat is slightly pink in the center. Then slowly push the meat away from the center of the wok and add the stir fry sauce. Cook and stir the sauce until they thicken and become bubbly.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the wok and stir them to coat with the sauce. Cook them for another 1 to 2 minutes more until they are fully heated through.
- Serve them immediately while they hot. Best to go with warm cooked rice.
- If desired, sprinkle them with sliced green onions.
- Enjoy this best stir fry recipe the way our family enjoyed them. Please continue stir frying at home too.