|Recipe for Stir Fry|
There may be hundreds of recipes for stir fry in the web, but in this article, we will share with you a recipe that could fancy your dinner table once in a while. Thinking of what to cook for dinner that is quick and simple, the Chicken Satay Stir Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice could be the solution to your immediate need. This recipe only takes 40 minutes total time for preparation and cooking; that would be 15 minutes in preparation and 25 minutes in actual cooking. The original recipe can yield 6 servings on the normal average type of serving. It is very saucy and delightfully a balance flavored dish, a perfect combination of the chicken and the vegetables with the satay sauce. Indulge and start cooking then.
- 3 ¾ cups water
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed several times on water until water is clear
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil or safflower oil, divided into two
- 1 ½ to 1 ¾ pounds of chicken breast tenders, (2packages), sliced across the grain into bite-sizes pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, skinned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered and then sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots (store bought), or 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 6 scallions, cut them on an angle into 2 inches pieces
- 1 cup of snow peas, approximately a couple of handfuls
THE SATAY SAUCE:
- 4 rounded tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce, Tamari brand but others can do
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- A thumb size gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 clove of garlic, crush and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chopped peanut or nut topping, available on the baking section of the stores
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro leaves, but flat leaf parsley can do for garnishing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook the Jasmine rice on your automatic rice cooker, adding 3 cups of water and the orange zest. Leave it on automatic and keep warm. This will take around 30 to 45 minutes to cook.
- In stir frying, heat a large wok or skillet over high heat on your American stoves. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and then cook the chicken, the garlic and the onion, and stir fry them for at least 3 minutes.
- Then add the remaining veggies and continue to stir fry them for another 5 minutes more. Make sure the veggies are tender before your transfer them to a platter.
- On preparing your satay sauce, heat a sauce pan over low heat on your stove. Then pour in all the ingredients for the sauce together, and constantly stir them until the ingredients are totally combined. Once done, pour the satay sauce over the stir fry in the platter, evenly over the chicken and vegetables.
- To garnish them, sprinkle with chopped nuts, cilantro and the basil leaves.
- Great to go with the Orange Jasmine rice. Serve immediately while hot.
- Enjoy this recipe for stir fry and continue your fancy for your kitchen.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Recipe for Stir Fry.