|Beef Stir Fry|
The Teriyaki Beef Stir fry Recipe is a popular recipe in Pine Beach, New Jersey, where people there serve this delicious dish more frequently. You can also substitute the beef with chicken, shrimp, or tofu and add a healthy mixture of water chestnuts, some bean sprouts and garnish it with ground nuts and oh walah, a delicious stir fry recipe to go. This beef fry recipe is very healthy, quick and simple to prepare but most of all diabetic friendly.
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- four garlic cloves, minced
- one tablespoon of fresh minced gingerroot
THE OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- one beef flank steak (3/4 pound), sliced into thin strips across the grain for tender results
- two teaspoons of canola oil or vegetable oil
- two cups of broccoli florets
- one medium onion, chopped into quarters
- ½ cup of chopped green pepper, medium in size
- ½ cup of chopped red pepper
- one cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- one teaspoon of cornstarch or corn flour
- Cook some rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 sauce ingredients; the ½ cup water; the 1/3 cup soy sauce; the ¼ cup honey; the four minced garlic cloves; the one tablespoon minced gingerroot. Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into a ziplock plastic bag and add the beef strips. Seal the bag and turn the bag over to coat the beef with the mixture. Refrigerate for at least an hour, but for a better turnout if marinated overnight to give enough time for the meat to absorb the sauce. Please cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Remove the beef from the refrigerator and drain and discard marinade from the beef.
- Heat a wok on medium high heat or if you are using a large non-stick skillet, heat it on medium heat and pour the vegetable oil. Once oil is hot enough, add the beef and fry in batches in batches for 2-3 minutes until it is no longer pink in color, but almost cooked through. Remove the beef from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Be sure to season your oil before stir frying your beef (when wok is hot, add oil, and once it starts to smoke, add garlic and ginger to season the oil, and stir till fragrant).
- Heat the pan again and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and the gingerroot. Stir till the garlic turns brown in color and add the vegetables. In adding the vegetables, start with the broccoli florets, then the onion and the peppers last. Continue stir frying for about four minutes till the broccoli is tender and crisp.
- Then return the beef to the pan. Stir and toss to completely mix the beef and vegetables.
- Finally, add the cornstarch and the reserved marinade into the pan. Simply bring to a boil by not cover the pan. Stir and toss the ingredients until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with cooked rice if desired. This recipe yield approximately three servings.
- Have fun and fancy your kitchen with these beef stir fry recipe at home.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Beef Stir Fry.