|Stir Fry Recipe|
This stir fry recipe is one of our favorites among the Chinese stir fry recipes. It really calls for a higher ratio of meat than what is frequently found on Chinese menu. The original recipe can yield up to three to four servings, depending on the diner’s appetite. It can be prepared in twenty minutes, cooked in 10 minutes and there, you have that flavorful and delicious STIR FRIED BEEF WITH BAMBOO SHOOTS. This is a simple and easy recipe to do and we can guide you through your kitchen to do this recipe instantly. Fast and quick, it can be ready in thirty minutes in time for the family to savor that evening meal in the table. So let’s begin the cooking.
One pound flank steak
One pound flank steak
- One tablespoon of light soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- One teaspoon of brown sugar
- Two teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Two teaspoons of cornstarch
- One and one half tablespoons of oyster sauce
- One tablespoon of dark soy sauce (can be bought in Asian stores near you)
- two tablespoons of water, or as needed
THE OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- One can of eight ounces bamboo shoots
- One garlic clove, finely chopped
- One green bell pepper
- Two pieces of spring onions
- Let us cut the beef into very thin slices across the grain to about two inches long strips. Place the beef in a bowl and add the marinade ingredients on the ingredient’s list, one at a time, mixing the ingredients well and adding the cornstarch last. Then marinate the beef for 25 minutes at least. If you have longer time, marinate the beef overnight for better results on your refrigerator.
- Now let us prepare the other ingredients, so long as the beef is marinating.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the oyster sauce, the dark soy sauce, and the water in a small bowl and stir to combine until smooth. Reserve for frying.
- Open the can of bamboo shoots and drain the water in it. Rinse the bamboo shoots in warm water to remove any tinny taste and then drain them. Finely chopped the garlic.
- Then cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Cut them into thin strips. Clean the green onions and slice them on the diagonal into thirds. Place all the ingredients close to your stove for easy reach when frying.
- To begin frying, heat a wok over medium high heat on your American stove. Add one and one half tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot add half of the garlic. Stir fry until fragrant, just about ten seconds.
- Add half of the beef and stir fry until browned at high heat, till it is eighty percent cooked through. Transfer to a plate and do the same steps for the remaining half of the beef. You can add a small amount of sherry to the beef while cooking if you desire.
- Once done, wipe out the wok and return to the stove at high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil and when oil is hot, add the remaining garlic. Stir fry till fragrant for ten seconds and add the green pepper. Stir for a minute and then add the bamboo shoots. You can splash water, soy sauce or chicken broth to the vegetables if they begin to dry out while stir-frying. The vegetables would be ready at about two minutes.
- Add the sauce to the wok and bring it to a boil. Then add the beef back to the wok and the green onions. Stir fry for about a minute to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve to a platter while it is hot. Great to pair with steamed rice. Enjoy this stir fry recipe at home.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Stir Fry Recipe.