|Pork Stir Fry|
Pork stir fries are the most popular stir fries in Asian Cuisines, because pork can blend easily with almost all types of vegetables. Pork can be so succulent and juicy when it comes to sauce mixtures and can be glazed with sweetened mixtures. So popular here is a pork recipe that you can simply do in your own kitchens. This recipe can be adjusted according to your number of diners at home. But the original recipes in this article can only serve four persons. Let us start cooking then.
THE BAMBOO SHOOTS WITH PORK STIR FRY: This recipe can be ready in 30 to 60 minutes. It can serve four persons on its original measurements.
- The marinade ingredients:
- Two tablespoons of light soy sauce (found in Asian stores)
- Two teaspoons of Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry as alternative
- One and one half teaspoon cornstarch
The main ingredients:
- ten ounces of lean pork, sliced across the grain into fine one and one half inches long strips
- one fourth cup groundnut or peanut oil
- five ounces of bamboo shoots, sliced to match the pork in sizes
- one tablespoon of light soy sauce
- one teaspoon of sugar
- four scallions (spring onions), mainly the white part only, cut into one inches in length
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, stir until smooth. Add the pork and marinate the pork for at least a minimum of fifteen minutes.
- Begin frying by heating a wok or a large skillet over high heat on your American stovetop. Add the ground or peanut oil and swirl until the oil begins to smoke. Stir fry the pork slices on the wok, stirring until the pork slices changes color to brown for at least one to two minutes. Remove the pork from the wok to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat the wok and add more peanut oil. When the oil is hot, you can add the bamboo shoots and toss quickly stirring the bamboo shoots around the wok for ten to fifteen seconds. Pour in the soy sauce and the sugar and continue stirring to coat the ingredients. Then lower your stove’s heat and let the ingredients simmer, for approximately four to five minutes, but stir it occasionally to avoid burning.
- Then raise the heat to high and return the pork to the wok. Toss and stir continuously and quickly.
- Sprinkle in the scallions and stir fry for another one minute to combine the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately while hot. Great with steamed rice.
- This recipe can also be adjusted by adding some heat on it. Just add a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes while stir frying it. And if you want it a little sweeter, add another half teaspoon of sugar while stirring on high heat.
- This is a very versatile dish, where you can also add more veggies in it, like carrots and broccoli according to your desire. In cooking the veggies, start with the broccoli and the carrots before adding the bamboo shoots. Please include the broccoli florets without its stems. Cut the carrots into strips the sizes with the pork.
- Enjoy this pork stir fry at home and have fun in your kitchen.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Pork Stir Fry .