|Vegetarian stir fry|
Vegetarian stir fry is a very healthy meal that is typically recommended to medical patients suffering from several illnesses including the heart disease. We have learned how to prepare this dish in the house since my wife got the heart disease and is now on special diet for her sustenance. Here is how we prepare it and hope you will enjoy doing this in your kitchens.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Green pepper
- Orange pepper
- Red bell pepper
- 2 full zucchinis
- Half an onion
- A head of broccoli
- 14-16 pieces of asparagus
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2lb of firm tofu
- Wok oil or any light oil such as olive oil or canola oil would be just fine
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice vinegar or rice wine
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds (is optional and is for garnishing only)
HOW TO MAKE THE STIR FRY:
- Begin by preparing all the vegetables by chopping them according to the instructions in the ingredients’ list. This is the time consuming part of the cooking but fun to do. Cut all the veggies into bite sizes for easy cooking and get rid of the trash rinds.
- Please mince your cloves of garlic and cut your tofu into small cubes.
- Please store your tofu in fresh water always! Tofu is only good for a few days after you open it and if you don't use the rest by tomorrow, you have to change its water.
- Begin frying by heating a wok in medium high heat on your American stove. When hot add the tofu along with the garlic. Then add one teaspoon of rice wine and two teaspoons of rice vinegar.
- Then add oregano, black pepper, and ginger to my taste. Sauté the veggies for two minutes.
- Then add two tablespoons of soy sauce and increase your flame to high and sauté for a minute more.
- Then add the veggies. Stir and add one teaspoon of rice wine to have a slightly less tangy stir fry.
- Add additional oregano, black pepper and ginger along with sesame seeds and continue to stir for another three minutes.
- The broccoli begins to shrink together and the onions become less crisp while the asparagus softens. Continue cooking if you really want to infuse the taste here but warning you of a mushy asparagus. The general rule still applies here, taste-test a few of the veggies and decide.
- Serve immediately while hot and enjoy this vegetarian stir fry at home.
- This is enough to easily serve a few persons around or one really hungry individual. As a rule, strain the stir fry well before placing in a serving dish or the bottom will sit in liquid and turn to mushy pulp when you eat it.
Note: On cutting boards, after dealing so many wooden boards, we finally purchased a tempered glass cutting board. This is easier to clean when you spill something and is less prone to retaining bacteria that causes a bad odor. Now that you have learned how to make vegetarian stir fry, please continue to stir fry at home and live a healthy life.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Vegetarian Stir Fry.