|Stir fried chicken|
Here is a popular stir fried chicken recipe that your family will surely enjoy for a quiet dinner at home. The Stir Fried Chicken with Garlic Sauce takes a little time in preparation say 2 hours in preparation but only cooks in 10 minutes. The prep time includes the marinating time.
It is nice and simple to do. This recipe goes best with pre-cooked steamed rice. But you have to prepare the rice independently. So cook your rice using an automatic rice cooker. Keep warm and set aside for serving later.
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Start by combining garlic, soy sauce, water, honey, 1 tablespoon oil, and black/red pepper. Stir to combine in a large bowl. Dissolve cornstarch in a ¼ cup of water. Mix it with the other ingredients in the bowl. Stir in the chicken into the marinade and mix to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours, stirring once or twice in between. The cornstarch is included in this marinade to provide and sticky tangy texture to the chicken when cooked, allowing the marinade to stick to the chicken for a better flavoring finish. This technique can also be used in marinating other meat ingredients to improve marinating procedures.
- For best results, you can marinate the chicken overnight. This allows the marinade to penetrate the tissues of the meat and also tenderizes the texture of the meat. If planning to cook this recipe, marinate it a day before.
- The 10 minute cooking procedure follows.
- In a large skillet or a wok, heat remaining oil. Swirl to coat the pan. Once the oil starts to smoke and wok hai is on the air you are ready.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the skillet or wok. Stir fry for about 5-6 minutes. Add the reserve marinade and continue to cook and stir for about 30 seconds until it thickens. Make sure the chicken strips are evenly cooked while you continue to stir fry throughout the cooking time. If you have learned to toss, toss the ingredients once in a while to ensure even distribution of the ingredients in the hottest part of the wok.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and transfer it a clean serving platter. Arrange the chicken in the center of the latter to allow room for garnishing. Garnish with the chopped green onions around and over the chicken. You can serve this with snow peas if you desire.
- Serve hot with the pre-cooked steamed rice and enjoy the dish.
- This stir fried chicken recipe is a popular dish not only in Asia but all over the world. Please continue cooking and we will have more recipes in the future for you to share.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Stir fried chicken.