|Pork Stir Fry|
Pork stir fry is another all time favorite in stir fry recipes prepared at home. But let us try to explore on another recipe about pork and eggplant stir fries. Medieval and Renaissance Europeans thought the oval-shaped vegetable, eggplant, had aphrodisiac qualities.
But the “love egg”, which was originally grown in India, Thailand, Vietnam and China, is often the highlight in Asian-style dishes such as stir fries. The meaty flavors of pork and eggplant together are offset by the spice and salty sweetness of the stir fry sauce. Here is the recipe;
- 1.2 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Another 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons hot pepper paste or Gochujang
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Combine the pork, soy sauce, sesame oil and onions in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably overnight.
- Peel off half of the skin of one eggplant, creating a striped look by alternating leaving the skin on and taking it off the length. Repeat this with the other eggplants.
- Cut the eggplants into small cubes, I inch by 1 inch. Salt them generously and place them in the colander for an hour.
- Run water over the eggplants on the colander to remove salt. Squeeze the eggplants to draw out any excess moisture and then place them back in the colander until they are needed for the stir fry.
- Heat the wok on the stove on high for about 20 seconds until it is hot. Pour the oil into the wok and wait for the oil to slightly smoke. Turn down the heat to medium high.
- Throw the minced garlic and ginger in the wok and stir fry them for 30 seconds.
- Add the hot pepper paste and stir fry it with the garlic and ginger for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the meat and the onions and stir them until all pieces of the meat are covered in the oil and almost completely cooked. This should take about two minutes.
- Add the eggplant and continue cooking for four minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and pour soy sauce over the ingredients in the wok. Continue stir frying for another two minutes.
- Pour the water into the wok and lit it simmer for 15 minutes until the eggplant is completely cooked and tender.
- Serve over rice with garnish of scallions.
This is another Chinese cuisine recipe for the pork and many have tried it and have adjusted their spice according to their desired taste. Some like it real spicy but others prefer slightly spicy and it all serves the same purpose, to provide the dinner the best dish for pork and eggplant combination. Try this pork stir fry recipe at home and enjoy it. Please continue cooking.
You can also visit here to learn on how to cook Pork stir fry.